Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My ME Day.....



Hey Blog Fam!!!  Hope everyone is having a good week thus far.  For many, myself included, I know that the past few weeks have been pretty busy getting kids ready for the start of a new school year.  I've hardly had a chance to sit down and blog.  I've got so many new blogs that I'm excited about reading since joining The BLM Group and I've been struggling to find the time.  *tear*  I swear if there was a way to actually buy more hours in the day I would.  Lol

So in a previous blog post I mentioned taking a ME Day.  I can hardly remember what I did that day because the days following have been so busy.  Most days have been busy in a good way so I'm not complaining. 

You all know how much I love homes.  The Parade of homes has got to be my favorite thing to do over the summer.  Last year I saw about 90% of the homes on the tour.  Unfortunately this year I haven't been so lucky;  I've only been able to see about 15 of the homes.  I think my favorite is a home that we saw in Lakewood CO built by Toll.brothers.

Outside of the Model



 
Since I have found joy in cooking over the past few years one thing that will absolutely sell me on a home (if I were in the market to buy of course) is the kitchen.

Almost my ideal kitchen


Butlers Pantry

Separate Dining
Basement w/Wet bar
Having tons of storage, more than enough room to cook, eat and serve; not to mention great appliances, butlers panty AND a wet bar in the basement brings me tremendous amounts of joy.  What more could a girl ask for?  I'm telling you, I was in heaven. 

So the next most important room is of course the bathroom.

Master Bath




I'm not necessarily a HUGE fan of this bathroom, but it had everything I needed.  A jacuzzi tub with a view of the mountains, separate vanities, pretty large shower and a wonderful walk in closet.  That's the beauty of new construction; you can design it to your taste.  I'd make a few adjustments as far as the cabinets, tile, fixtures and the color put that's pretty much it.

Shower

Master Closet
Hubby telling me I wouldn't be content with the size of the closet.
Yeah, I'm thinking I could make due.  Easily!  Lol

I think this was by far, one of my favorite homes we saw that day.  There were a few homes that we saw where I was like "eh!" and definitely wouldn't pay what they were asking.  Not to say that they weren't nice homes but I couldn't imaging my self paying close to $200K more for a home to be closer to the city.  I guess it's all about preference anyway. 

Needless to say this was a great day and I had loads of fun.  Hubby...not so much.  Not to say that he was a grouch; I think he secretly loves looking.  Lol   Actually he doesn't mind looking at homes but it's definitely not on the top of his list of things to do.  I love him for always being so willing to take time out of his day to accompany and entertain me.  Well of course that's not the only reason I love him, but you all know what I mean.  He's such a team player!  Lol

I've got until the 9th to check out more homes and I've got tons of pics from this day.  I'll probably end up picking my favorites and sharing them with you all.

So blog fam, tell me....What's something that you could spend countless hours doing and never grow bored?

In the meantime Peace and Blessings

4 comments:

Moe said...

I wish there was one thing in my life that I could do, for hours without getting bored. The ADD factory I have for a brain won't allow it. =(

Unknown said...

Oh My! That house is beautiful! I'm glad that you got the chance to get your "Me" day! Seems like they fly by though!

Unknown said...

@Moe, I know what you mean. I think ADD kicks in for me when it's something I don't WANT to do. :)

@Purrfectly Me. The pictures don't do the house justice. It was so gorgeous. :) And you're right....that day was over before I knew it. I'm looking forward to the next one.

toptechgadgets.shop said...

In this economic crisis i got a amazing deal on sellhomecash
sell my house california and get my property encash in 200% profits.