Sunday, March 20, 2011

We're just past the halfway mark....

Soup for soup # 16 I chose Vegan Black Bean Soup... found here. Its funny how I couldn't stand beans growing up.  It kind of surprises me that the foods I had a serious aversion to as a child I really enjoy and appreciate as an adult.  Funny how that works.  I'm not sitting at the table anymore plotting on how to rid my plate of such foods without anyone finding out.  So now I'm a lover of beans.  Lol

I was surprised by how good this soup was.  It was amazing.  You know how I like to change the recipes up a bit.  It kind of reminded me of chili and it also reminded me of the Mexican Gumbo from Q'doba but better.  I ended up garnishing it with some cilantro, green chili's and vegan cheddar cheese.  SO DELICIOUS!.  Much better than the tortilla soup that I made a few weeks back.  This one was perfect.  So perfect that Hubby had it for a late breakfast this morning.  Lol

So that was it.  You can probably prepare this meal for about $10 provided you have the seasoning and olive oil already.  I'm not sure what happened to me blogging about this soup yesterday when I was so excited about how tasty it was.  I love with things turn out just right.  And the quesadilla went perfectly with this soup...a great combination.  I definitely think this is going to be my lunch for today.

So now I'm struggling trying to come up with a soup for today and the upcoming week.  I typically have it all planned out long before now but I'm totally at a loss at this point.  So AGAIN people!!!!  I'm welcoming all suggestions.  Help me to feed my family.  Lol

Enjoy the pictures.  Peace and Blessings!!!!

Ingredients

chopped and sauteed veggies w/cumin and chili powder added

Vegetable broth and remaining ingredients added

Pureed beans and tomatoes added to soup mixture

Finished meal w/ vegan cheese quesadillas




2 comments:

Jameil said...

I like beans but I've always liked beans. Rashan said he heard they're the musical fruit. You don't have enough children in your life do you? I'm actually hoping I never start to like beets.

Unknown said...

@ Jameil... Lol tell Rashan I remember the little magical fruit rhyme. Hilarious. Maybe that's why I didn't like them growing up. Tee hee! I have enough children for you and me...just no babies. So sad!!! I'm waiting for someone around me to have one so I can get my baby fix. Beets. UGH!!!!! I'm actually feeling nauseous now, thanks!!! Lol