Friday, March 18, 2011

Indian Cabbage Soup....

I found this recipe HERE.  It was another very simple inexpensive soup.  It only required cabbage, onion, garlic, vegetable broth and a few seasonings.  It reminded me almost of my cabbage recipe minus the potatoes.  Almost...  Another recipe everyone enjoyed.  Especially hubby since one of the ingredients is hot sauce and he always wants to throw hot sauce on EVERYTHING.  I'm trying to figure out how to doctor this recipe up a little just to give it a little more flavor.  I don't know what a common seasoning is for Indian food, but it probably could have used it.

Again not a lot of pictures because it was so quick.  It only took about 30 minutes to prepare and make.  Cant get much better than that.  I'm all about meals that take 30 minutes and under to complete.  It probably took me longer to throw together the salad than it took to prepare this particular soup.

Cabbage simmering

Chopped onions and garlic

Fresh Cilantro

Cabbage before Pureeing half the mixture

Finished meal

Soup close up

I actually didn't really care of the cilantro added to the soup.  I've only recently acquired a taste for it and can only eat it in certain things.  Everyone else liked it, but next time we'll have to add it in individual bowls.  

So that's it for today.  Short and sweet.  Happy Weekend People.  Back tomorrow with another soup.  I'm running out of soups....so if anyone has any suggestions please help me out.  I may not make it to the 30 day mark otherwise.

Peace and Blessings All!!!

2 comments:

Jameil said...

I loooove cilantro! YUM! I like cabbage, too! :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cabbage. I just recently started liking cilantro. Don't think I'm crazy but it always tasted to me the way bleach smells and what I would imagine bleach to taste like. Lol. I'm leaving it out next time for sure!!!