Saturday, February 5, 2011

Still keeps going...

We don't dine out often; because of our eating habits we're kind of limited in places we can go. We did find this salad at Joes Crab Shack that we've gotten some what addicted to. It's called a Chipolte Crab Cake Salad.  Now since I HATE crab...ewww... we always substitute that for grilled salmon.  It's amazing.  We've gone back and had it frequently...ok weekly to be honest.  The manager came to our table the first time and asked us if it had been prepared correctly and how we enjoyed it.  LOVE HIM.  He's so awesome!   Anyway.  We like it so much that I was like 'let me see if I can somehow replicate this recipe.'  What I made tasted a bit different and since we're only doing salads for three weeks (we're on day 9 today.  YES!!!)  I guess it's kind of like a fiesta salad.   So now I'm trying to decide if I like this one more or the Spinach and Avocado Salad more.  We'll definitely be having this one again.

Ingredients:
Romaine 
Corn 
Black Beans
Mango Salsa
Pico di Gallo
Crushed Pineapple w/Agave

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I just went to the website. That salad, along with the Aruba Shrimp Salad make me want to go to Joes. Like today. Yummmmm! I just read an article about sprucing up salads. You guys might find a few ideas - http://www.metrocurean.com/article.aspx?section=1&page=25252

Unknown said...

@ Mrstdj, Thanks I'm on my way to check out that site now. How did I miss the Shrimp salad...I may have to stray from my "usual" and get that one next time I go. You should really try the salad and do the salmon...I'm telling you it's so addicting.