Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pasta and veggies....

Ok...So our next meal (or my entry rather) was supposed to be soup but we had some peppers that we bought for this meal and wanted to use them before they went bad.  We have this habit of going to the store and buying too many veggies because that ends up being a bulk of our meal but often end up throwing a lot of them out.  The solution:  We only buy what we need for about two days, but the downside is we end up having to go to the grocery store several times a week which is a pain in the butt.

So before we gave up dairy I used to make this meal using 4 cheese ravioli chicken, peppers, fresh basil, garlic, mushrooms and sundried tomatoes.  Now that we no longer eat dairy, although I've been seriously craving the raviolli, I made it changing it up just a tad bit.  I made a spicy cream sauce with all the other ingredients and substituted the ravioli for a quinoa angel hair pasta.  We had Caesar salad and fruit as well.


 I would love to do like a 30 day soup and salad challenge but I don't know if I'd be able to last 30.  I should just try it and see how long I can (and the family) can last.  What do you all think?  I sitting here now as I type planning my next meal/soup.  What's on your menu this week and what are your food challenges and goals?

Well that's it for me...until next time Peace and Blessings.

No comments: